Saturday, March 28, 2009

Albert & Pogo's Christmas by Walt Kelly


I apologize for the inconsistent quality of these scans, some of the pages in my copy of this comic are a bit faded...

This story is from Santa Claus Funnies, so it's possibly the one story missing from many people's collections of Pogo comics. It's a very funny story highlighted by some great dialog, and features one of Kelly's running gags, Albert's belief that he has become a cannibal by accidentally eating a child he was supposed to be watching.

Here is "Albert and Pogo's Christmas" from Santa Claus Funnies (Four Color) #254 (1949):















 
 
 
 
 
 
2 comments:


Pappy said...

Bless you for running this story; it's a Pogo story I've never seen before.

Love the great work you do on your blog.

March 30, 2009 11:38 AM


Doug said...

Thanks, Pappy! Like you, I'm also a big Pogo fan, but hadn't seen this story until a few years ago myself. I figured there were lots of folks who'd never seen it either.

March 30, 2009 1:04 PM


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...