Sunday, January 04, 2009

Kurtzman's Pig Tales


Here's a Pig Tales story by Harvey Kurtzman, from Funny Comic-Tunes #23 (Fall 1946).

I don't know if Kurtzman did many funny animal comics besides Pig Tales, but his stylized cartooning works really well here. Sure, the story isn't as funny as his later work, but a lot of familiar elements (especially in the characters' poses) are in place. And you have to admire how almost every panel is interesting, visually.










August 8, 2009 10:58 PM

2 comments:

Paul Tumey said...
Thank you! I've been looking for this comic for, like, forEVER! I think Kurtzman's PIGTALES stories are fascinating. Sort of expanded Hey Look!s. I put a link to your blog up at my relatively new blog, Cole's Comics. Thanks again for the great comics!


Doug said...
Thanks, Paul! Your blog looks fantastic; Cole is definitely worthy of his own blog. I will add a link to it on my page!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...